Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2016

My First Oil Painting Ever!!!


After watching numerous Bob Ross "Joy of Painting" series, I itched to try some of the techniques he demonstrated, including the use of paint knife, and tapping a brush into the shape of trees. Here, I was fascinated with the oil medium, for allowing the application of light colors over dark ones, an aspect that wasn't as forgiving in watercolor and pencil sketching in my past experiences with art. This scene came straight out of my imagination and I had to make some changes since I was pretty clumsy with applying the knife to canvas. The highlighted area to the very left I must've fussed over for almost an hour before I really was able to get it close to the result I had hoped. The little bunnies near the bottom I just couldn't resist, although I had a little trouble making them fit into the atmosphere of the painting. They kind of look a bit popped out, like real bunny silhouettes standing in front of a movie screen. With the least of expectations, the whole process was just a super fun and fascinating experience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment