Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Autumn Dance with Snoopy (canvas panel 6X6'', 11.26.2015, Gifted)

I was visiting a dear friend in NYC for Thanksgiving, and couldn't resist bringing my art stuff along. I liked the idea of me being a "traveling artist" even though I just started not too long ago (ehehe). There was a small block of time in the morning before I left which we had not planned anything, and so wanting to bless her with something special and hand-made, I chose Snoopy as my subject choice. It turned out Snoopy WAS one of her favorite cartoon characters, so I was really glad. Art-wise? I woulda thought a bit more about my color choices. Perhaps a lighter background and different choice of color for the sky. There was an atmosphere that I was trying to go for when I chose the colors I did, but I think I was only semi-successful. This was also mostly knife-painted. I don't remember using my brush at all. Also this made me miss my bus back to Boston. But thankfully I was able to get a stand-by not too long after for free. Brings back good memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment