Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Lemons :D (Gesso Board 6X6", Jan.28.2016)

I got some lemons to make lemon chicken from a cook book, and thought it would be rather cool to paint them in a shadow box that I made myself from cardboard boxes. I never thought I would find still life enjoyable. They always struck me as rigid and boring. But in actuality I really enjoyed the freedom it gave me to block in an area or general shape with saturated color, understand how to apply shadow and highlights, as well as the order of procedure in doing so. In this particular one my brushstrokes were still rather tight, but I was already beginning to loosen up mentally. The sprite bottle was not as hard as I originally thought and overall I liked the way it turned out!   

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks! I will post more tomorrow. Lately I did more paintings but did not have time to load it up.

      Delete